Almond milk is awesome. You can use it as a substitute for any milk product and it is higher in nutritional value. In today’s world, so much of our food, even the healthy foods, have preservatives in them. I’m a busy girl, probably just like you right? To top that off, I’m not much of a cook. I like SIMPLE recipes.
So when I can make my favorite foods, “homemade,” with fewer than 5 ingredients in less than 30 minutes, I’m in. This one follows my guidelines! This one will only take you 15 minutes!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup of raw organic almonds
- 4 cups of filtered high quality water
- Cheese cloth
- Natural Sweetener (can use 1 tsp of vanilla, cinnamon, cacao nibs, or stevia)
- Place 1 cup of almonds and 4 cups of water into your Vitamix (or any good blender)
- Blend for 2.5 to 3 minutes at high.
- Strain your milk, through your cheesecloth into a glass container. You can strain your milk two times if you like less “almond sediment” in your milk.
- Pour into a container and refrigerate. Your almond milk will be thick and creamy and will save for about 5 days. Keep refrigerated! Enjoy!