Smart snacking is important when trying to lose weight. One of the tricks to eat clean is to not let yourself get too hungry in between meals. It is also wise to bring your own food with you whenever possible. I bring my own snacks on airplanes, all day outings, when I run errands, to work. I could go on, but I will spare you. Now that you are eating clean, you need a list of high protein, healthy go-to snacks to carry with you. If you do not have a cooler, get one today. We carry the perfect size coolers Mo-Mentum Fitness, check with our Directors of First Impressions for more information. You can also find coolers on Amazon and in most Targets etc.
- 1 head of cauliflower torn into small pieces
- 4 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of seasoning of your choice (salt, Mrs. Dash, Spike, etc.)
Preheat oven to 425 F. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and salt, whisk, then add the cauliflower pieces and toss thoroughly. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup, then spread the cauliflower pieces on the sheet and roast for 1 hour, turning 3 or 4 times, until most of each piece has turned golden brown. Serve immediately for optimum flavor.
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Coriander
- 1/4 Tbsp Chili Powder
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Combine nuts and spices together in a bowl. Transfer to a foil lined pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- 2 zucchinis coined
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or other spices)
- salt to taste
Mix the zucchini coins in a bowl and coat with olive oil and garlic powder. Spread out on a foil lined cooking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Let stand for 45 minutes before serving.
Other awesome snack ideas:
- ½ cup lowfat cottage cheese w/ mix in salsa and celery, jicama and carrots, peppers
- ½ cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1⁄4 cup berries
- ½ cup fresh guacamole and red bell peppers and 1-2 oz of turkey slices
- 1 cup raw vegetable (cucumber, carrots, red, yellow, green bell peppers, celery) w/ 3 Tbs hummus
- ½ cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk, 1 Tbs peanut butter w/ 2 stalks of celery
- 1 apple, or pear or grapefruit; handful unsalted raw almonds
- 1 Cup steamed edamame
- 4 Deviled eggs w/ hummus (3 Tbsp), and 6-8 baby carrots (or cucumber slices)
- Fresh guacamole on, 2-3 oz sliced turkey